Wednesday 9 May 2012

Colour

Colour will be an important part of my collection. To me, colour is imporatnt - especially in winter wear. Winter wear tends to be duller and darker than summer colections, and I think that this is crazy. Winter is already dull and dark enough without adding the extra tones through our clothes - so through this collection I am going to try and bring a bit more colour and iridescence to our lives. This does not mean that everyone must wear colour head to toe on every garment - this is just not realistic; I want to see just a hint of colour on an underneath layer, or the coat/cape as the brigt spark in an outfit, or statement pants with neautral knits and tops... just one or two pieces of colour.

The review for Karen Walker on Style.com for her Spring 2012 RTW collection, makes clear that the designer doesn't use much black.
"As she pointed out after her show today, navy is her fundamental neutral—"the god color," as a member of her team put it. Walker's preference for navy over black says a lot about her as a designer: In her eyes, the world is a more cheerful place than it is for most of her peers."

Find More Here...
...
I really like the idea of replacing black with another colour, be it charcoal grey or navy blue - anything to bring a bit of variety! With my collection I would like to try and use the midnight blue colour I used in the previous collection as my 'black' as well as different shades of grey. I would also like to bring through the bright colours that I used previously, bright yellow/lime colour and pumpkin orange. Small details, basic layering garments and statement peices witht these colours with a bit of print mixed in too, will help to brighten up a gloomy winters day. I feel that my market are the kind of people that would wear these colours and a bit of print too.



No comments:

Post a Comment