Monday 14 May 2012



Design Development: Cape


I really want to include a cape in my collection as I feel that it is a useful item to chuck over a bunch of layers and head into the cold Windy Welly Winter! Because there are no sleeves, one can layer up as much or as little as one likes. All my capes have quite strong shapes/silhouettes and I have explored a variety of colours too. I am unsure of what colour to go with at the moment - but I think that a brighter colour is a definite possibility. Many people I have talked to within my target market have noted that with coats and capes, they would really consider getting a brighter colour rather than a staple boring black. The reasoning behind this is that they tend to be a more expensive item, and if your going to be paying that extra bit more - why not get something that's a little different to what every one else has? (black)... Personally, I am really enjoying the yellow/green cape - it certainly is very bright!... Will have to see what the market says... I am hoping to do this in a wool or wool blend fabric - thick and felty!



No comments:

Post a Comment