Wednesday 2 May 2012

What are you wearing today? 
To get a better idea of what people wear and why I did some market research on what people were wearing that day, what it was made of? where the bought it? why they are wearing it?
...


What is Milly wearing?

Black Pants - Country Road $120
- Made in China, 100% Rayon
- Bought them to wear for the trip to New York last year, they were loose and comfy but didn't look too much like track pants
- Would like to keep the pants for a couple of years

Black/ white Top - Hurricane Jeans $30
- Made in China, 100% cotton
- Bought it because I like that kind of stye, really loose - its actually a boys top, would just be useful
- Would like to keep it just till the end of the year I guess

Blue Cardigan - Kate Sylvester $395
- Made in Chine, 75% Acrylic, 25% Mohair
- Because its verrry warm, I really liked the colour, and its Kate Sylvester so I can wear it to work (because she works at Kate Sylvester)
- Would like to keep it forever! As long as it lasts!

Grey Jacket - Ruby $40 (on sale) 
- Made in China, 100% Cotton
- Because it was cheap and I liked he style - I'm a jacket gal!
- Would like to keep it for a while actually, for how cheap I bought it - I still really like it!




What am I wearing? 

Grey Pants - Ruby, Madame Hawk $50(on sale)
- Made in China, 70% cotton, 25% polyester, 5% elastane 
-Bought the pants because I already have the same pants in an Orange colour and I know they are very comfy and useful, I also love the style, so to buy these on sale was great!

White T-shirt - Country Road $40 
-Made in China 55% cotton, 45% modal
- Bought the shirt as a useful basic for layering in both the summer and winter. Am wearing it as a layer. 
- Would like to keep the top for as long as it lasts. 

Blue Shirt - Vintage, passed on from my Mum, unknown price
- Made in China, 100% Silk
- I am wearing this shirt because I like the layering effect and the colour. 
- It was given to me by Mum who wore it when she was younger, so I intend to keep it foreve/as long as it lasts!

Leather Jacket - Vintage, bought in Paris $200
- Leather with inserts - 95% polyester, 5% elastane
- Am wearing the Jacket as is takes the chill of the cold welly wind and light drizzle, also one of my favorite jackets as it reminds me of the trip to Paris - very useful too
- I would like to keep it as long as I can - forever and ever. 

...

Having done this exercise I am more aware of why people buy. The items that are more expensive are bought for a more special reason - working at Kate Sylvester, receiving the shirt from my mum, finding the leather jacket in Paris etc, and are intended to be kept for longer. When people buy something more expensive, they want to have a reason, a feeling or a relationship with that garment. While designing I must keep this in mind as well as balancing it with good prices and value. 


No comments:

Post a Comment