Friday 18 May 2012

Designing my own prints...

My last projects collection focused very much on prints and african prints, particularly potato printing etc. I really want to caryy on this 'print' theme into this collection, especially as a way to brighten up winter! I want my prints ot be eye catching, fresh and use they must be using my colour palette. I'd also like them to have have an African influence or origin.

Here I have taken some scans out of books on print from the library...




1. The first print on the top left, I chose to photocopy because I really liked the geometrics of it. It doesn't look too shapey shapey and strong but some definite lines still feature. The colours contrasting as the lilnes cross looks quite cool too.
2. Top right print. Really loved this print, very fun and all over the place! I think this would look so cool on a pair of pants, but I think that it may look a bit childish to some people. Cool use of shapes of colour in the background to bring a bit of colour into the print.
3. Bottom left. Really loved the colour use in here. Pink may come across as very girly but I think that the green and yellow fixes this problem well - would look great on a layering top or pair of loose comfy pants!
4. Bottom right. Here is a photocopy of some african prints, particularly like the left and middle one. great use of colour in both of them and I feel they have some really interesting shapes - especially teh middle. May look a little too ethnic/african for my target market??


Now to start designing my own prints...





No comments:

Post a Comment