Monday 14 May 2012

Design Development: Pants/Trousers

I am a pants person! I love wearing pants! I very rarely find myself wearing skirts or dresses, and I have found that I very rarely design skirts and dresses too... Although I am a pants person, this does not make me boyish - I really love feminine cuts, colours and prints. Here I have a variety of different pants. I have tried to design pants that would be comfortable, useful and great for layering up - both in winter - and with less layering in summer! They are casual - designed to be worn everyday with a pair of chucks or ankle boots - just like my target market. I have experimented with a variety of colour because colour is what I think, makes a simple (verging on boring) cut/style, interesting and fun!
While designing I found myself continuously designing plain boat-style pants with a desire to include different patterns and prints... sooo to accommodate this desire, the next thing I need to do is start designing some prints...




No comments:

Post a Comment