Wednesday 23 May 2012

Cracked Earth & Flame Lily Prints...



After showing Holly and talking to her about my Flame Lily prints and how they really were't working, how they looked like they were missing something, and my unsureness on whether they would fit into my collection or not, she gave me some really great advice.
She talked about putting something else in behind them or enlargening some and changing the transparency of them to give them more depth. DEPTH being the key word! She suggested I look up William Morris to see how he achieves depth through the sizing of parts of his paintings etc...


After thinking about this, I then went onto see what I could do... I came up with the idea of inserting the cracked earth print behind the flamelilys at a different opacity, to see what it looked like...

I really really like how this worked, I think it gives the flame lily print some definite depth. It also healps like the flamelily print into the rest of the collection. The print is different, dynamic and new, I feel that my target market would wearing - its a print that isn't for everyone, but I feel that they would wear it!

This print excites me. I think it would look great on some of the pants I have designed.


No comments:

Post a Comment